But the nation that abolished its military in 1948 has also has been called “the happiest country on Earth.” Discover why in ecologically diverse Corcovado National Park, the magical Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, the seaside paradise of Punta Islita, and Tortuguero beach where endangered turtles hatch and scramble toward the ocean. There is a common phrase in the country — pura vita — which translates as “pure life.” But is there more behind the literal meaning? Join explorer Richard Bangs on a quest to uncover a deeper understanding of pura vida in Costa Rica.
Richard Bangs has spent more than 30 years as an explorer, and is a pioneer in travel that makes a difference. He is the host and co-executive producer of the popular public television series Adventures with Purpose.
- As aired on public television
- Featuring an hour of spectacular cinematography in HD
- Visit some of the most beautiful places in the world in Costa Rica
- Go to Corcovado National Park, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Punta Islita, Tortugeuro National Park and more
- Hosted by Richard Bangs, author of the Adventures with Purpose books