Thousands of Americans followed the ruts west in search of a better life, adventure or something more. See rare photos, hear diary excerpts and watch stunning footage in this award-winning film, previously viewed on public television.Thousands of pioneers died during the dangerous trek across the unsettled American West. But those who made it had fascinating stories to tell. Why would anyone choose to take the risky trip in the first place? How did they do it? What was it like to travel by covered wagon? All is revealed in The Oregon Trail. Plus, visit all the key sites along the way, including St. Louis, Ft. Laramie, South Pass, Oregon City and many more!
- Previously viewed on public television
- From a 4-time Emmy-winning producer
- See what life was really like on the trail
- Hear excerpts from the diaries of actual pioneers
- Featuring Lewis and Clark, the Whitmans, the Astorians and more
- Visit stops along the trail, including South Pass, Oregon City and more
- Winner of first-place awards from the Broadcast Education Association, the Oregon-California Trails Association and the Telly Awards