And much of it is accessible to the millions of visitors that travel to Florida each year thanks to 160 fantastic state parks. Behind each one of these award-winning state parks is the story of its creation: A beach saved from development, a site marking a bloody 19th century battle, a rainforest rescued from destruction. Hear about some of the remarkable people behind the state’s most amazing places in this three-part film. Then explore more than 15 of them, from Falling Waters State Park to Fakahatchee Strand Preserve and John Pennekamp Coral Reef.
- As aired on public television
- Meet the Civilian Conservation Corps
- Historic footage of parks being used as WWII training facilities
- Explore Florida Caverns, John Pennekamp Coral Reef, Fakahatchee Strand Preserve, Falling Waters, Paynes Prairie, Olustee Battlefield, Caladesi Island, and many more!
- Created locally by Community Television Foundation of South Florida, Inc.