Hop aboard the powerful and majestic steamers that travel along the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, the Georgetown Loop and more. Go inside the Durango & Silverton roundhouse and work on actual steam trains, meet the Galloping Goose #5 railbus on the Cumbres & Toltec and find out why the Colorado Live Steamers never grew up. The four 30-minute films include Trains and Railways, and Emmy Award-winners Steam Trains and High Country Rails. In Trains, see the restoration of the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad steam train, learn how to change a “tire” with the crew and hop aboard for gorgeous mountain views. Steam Trains takes you through glorious fall foliage with engineers from the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. In Railways, travel the engineering marvel known as the Georgetown Loop Railroad through the picturesque Rocky Mountains. Then, take the Ski Train, no longer in operation, from downtown Denver up to the base of the Winter Park Ski Resort. High Country Rails takes you inside the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad roundhouse for a peek at how the shop maintains steam engines. Meet Galloping Goose #5 on the Cumbres & Toltec and find out why it is so important to Colorado’s history.
- 4 DVDs previously aired on public television!
- See the world famous Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Beautiful scenery, from rocky high deserts to snowy mountains
- Ride the Ski Train from downtown Denver to Winter Park Ski Resort
- Go inside the Durango & Silverton roundhouse and work on actual stream trains
- Films include the Emmy Award-winning Steam Trains and High Country Rails, and Trains and Railways