Experience the beauty of The Land of the Midnight Sun in this special 6-disc collection featuring more than five and a half hours of spectacular scenery and wonderful wildlife.
BRAVING ALASKA: Travel to the depths of America’s last frontier and follow four families who turned their backs on civilization to live off the land.
BEAR ISLAND: Go where even the most skilled hunters dare not venture to seek out the Alaskan brown bear, the largest predator in southeastern Alaska.
ALASKA’S LAST OIL: Go inside the world of extreme drilling as oil companies search for new sources of black gold in the Last Frontier.
GIANT BEARS OF KODIAK ISLAND: Meet the largest carnivore on Earth: the great Kodiak bear. Travel to Alaska’s Kodiak Island and hike the ancient feeding trails.
OVER® ALASKA: As Seen on Public Television! Soar above the vast landscapes of the 49th state. Go face-to-face with Mount McKinley, fly over beautiful electric blue glaciers, follow the Iditarod over miles of frozen tundra and witness amazing aerial footage of Alaska in all its splendor.
ALASKA: THE INSIDE PASSAGE: As seen on public television! Discover one of the most beautiful waterways in the world — the Blue Highway, a major North American sea route that stretches 1,000 miles from the Puget Sound in Washington state, past the rugged Canadian coast to the channels and islands in southeast Alaska.
- 6 DVDs featuring more than 5 and a half hours of beautiful scenery and interesting stories
- Includes films seen on public television
- Get up close and person with Alaskan wildlife and see what it’s like to live in the wilderness
- Spectacular views of Mount McKinley, glaciers and the Iditarod
- Meet the largest carnivore on the planet, the Kodiak bear, and the Alaskan brown bear