Breathtaking train films in this set feature Canada's railways, and take you through the Rocky Mountains, the Selkirks and Morants Curve, among many other places. You’ll get to ride through the Mount MacDonald and Shaughnessy tunnels, and you’ll even travel on VIA’s flagship train #1, “The Canadian,” over Yellowhead Pass!
Enjoy riding the rails through wintery wonderlands, and spotting wild animals along railways! Travel back in time for rare train video of some historic steamers, including 1930s “Super Ds,” and watch archive film of the Great Eastern “Hikers.” You’ll also see steam trains in England in the ‘60s, the LNWR in North Wales in the ‘30s and ‘50s, and film footage from the Scottish Railway in the ‘30s. Visit Newton Heath Shed, Bewdley Station, the Marylebone exhibition and many more places. Then take an train trip across Europe on the Orient Express, and visit Switzerland by rail for some beautiful scenery!
• Over 12 hours of train videos on DVD
• Train films include footage of railway locations across Canada and in Great Britain, as well as in France, Switzerland and Greece
• See rare archival film of trains from the BBC series Railway Roundabout
• Enjoy incredible scenery along Canaian railways in all seasons
• Travel the Rocky Mountains, the Selkirkls, Morants Curve, Yellowhead Pass, the LNWR in North Wales, the Scottish Railway, England’s North Western Railway and so many more extroardinary places by train!