Join the brothers and their friends as they risk their lives to do something only a handful of other people have done in Skiing Everest. Peer down dizzying Himalayan cliffs, relive death-defying moments, experience survival skiing and find out what a wind storm on Everest is capable of. This special edition combo pack offers both Blu-ray and DVD versions to maximize your experience. Even Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to summit Mount Everest, said he didn’t think skiing it was possible. Ski the tallest peak in the world? Not with the high altitude, not with the volatile weather, and definitely not with the hidden crevasses. In 2007, Mike and Steve Marolt with their good friend Jim Gile, climbed 28,200 feet up Everest without oxygen before the extreme cold and potential loss of their toes turned them around. It was their second trip up and down the deadly mountain. The trio skied from just under 8,000 meters (about 26,000 feet), making them the only people to ski on Everest more than once. Peer down the steep grade, hear their skis carve each icy turn and feel their short, halting breaths as they make their record-breaking run.
- Special edition combo pack features the film on Blu-ray and DVD
- Includes footage of high-altitude skiing pioneers, including Yuichiro Miura and Fritz Stammberger
- See amazing views of Mount Everest and other mountains in the Himalayas
- Experience record-breaking high-altitude skiing on Everest
- Featuring impossible views and incredible people