“The Aviators is the only show that stays on my TiVo.” -Jack Pelton, Former President, Cessna Aircraft Co.
The Aviators is a weekly magazine-style TV series featuring interesting people, the latest aircraft, the coolest technology and the best fly-in destinations. See all 13 episodes of season one, plus bonus extended interviews.
Hear from Miracle on the Hudson hero, First Officer Jeff Skiles, as he describes that day. See on-board footage of a flat spin and hear from the survivor – what did he do wrong? Plus, find out what life is like for an airline pilot, and meet aerobatics pilots, military pilots and air traffic controllers.
- 13 episodes plus bonus interviews; approximately 6 hours and 10 minutes of exciting content
- Hosted by pilots for real aviation fans and people who work with and fly aircraft
- Hear from Miracle on the Hudson hero, First Officer Jeff Skiles, as he describes that day
- See frightening on-board footage of a flat spin, and find out what went wrong from the survivor
- Mikey McBryan of TV’s popular docu-series “Ice Pilots” shares how the show got started
- The first two seasons of The Aviators held positions in iTunes’ Top 50 Non-Fiction TV Series right up to the premiere of Season Three
1.01: AirVenture: America's largest aviation celebration, The US Air Force's C5M Supergalaxy, The Tiger Moth bi-plane, Miracle on the Hudson hero & Jeff Skiles, Flat spin survivor
1.02: Chartright corporate charters, Cross Canada Century Flight, Air show pilot Julie Clark, Affordable Helicopters
1.03: Legacy of the Cessna brand, Float plane training, How to land an airliner, Aerobatic champion Patty Wagstaff, Russian MiG 15
1.04: Sun 'n Fun fly-in special from Lakeland, FL
1.05: Can a private pilot land an airliner?, Delfin L-29 fighter jet, Aircraft annual inspection, Airbus A380
1.06: Can a non-pilot land an airliner?, Zaon collision avoidance, Women in Aviation, Light sport aviation
1.07: Air Traffic Control Tower, Walkaround checks, Quesnel air show, Pilot profile: John Lovelace
1.08: Aerobatic pilot Rick Volker, Homebuilt industry, Cessna Caravan, Mid-Continent instruments
1.09: Air Traffic Control: En route control, Boundary Bay air show, Beech Staggerwing, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
1.10: Aircraft auction, Ultralight flying, Aviation destination: Wichita
1.11: Mikey McBryan of TV's 'Ice Pilots', Goodyear blimp, Midnight Sun Challenge into the Yukon
1.12: A day in the life of an airline pilot, Airline environmentalism, Airliner maintenance
1.13: Cross-border flying, Boreal forest, Flying a Cessna around the world, Splash-in: Float plane fly-in