In Eatin’ Crabs, explore the bay and discover the best places to catch some crab in your belly — steamed with or without spices — and crabcakes — broiled or fried — in two films previously seen on public television.
Author and crab guru Whitey Schmidt gives his crab-crackin’ tips and advice in Eatin’ Crabs: Chesapeake Style, and takes you on a journey from Ocean City to Oakland showing you the best places for Maryland’s famous blue crab. Then join host Doug Roberts in Eatin’ Crabcakes: The Best I Ever Had! as he travels from the markets of Baltimore to the crab houses of the Eastern Shore in this mouth-watering hunt for the region’s best crabcake.
- Learn to steam crab Chesapeake Style
- How to catch crabs the old-fashioned way
- Where to find Baltimore’s best crab cakes
- Two films previously enjoyed on public television: “Eatin’ Crabs: Chesapeake Style” and “Eatin’ Crabcakes: The Best I Ever Had!”
- Author and crab guru Whitey Schmidt shares his tips and takes you to the best places to get crab off the beaten path
- Go on a hunt to find Maryland’s best crabcake, and see all the different ways people like to eat it
- See the extremes some go to in order to embrace crab culture
- Extras include tips on how to steam crab Chesapeake Style, how to catch crabs the old-fashioned way and where to find Baltimore’s best crab cakes