The Barbara McNair Show is known as the first variety television show to be hosted by an African-American woman. It was produced in Canada by CTV and lasted three seasons in first-run syndication in the United States until 1972. Rick Manzie, whom Barbara married in 1972, managed Barbara’s career and produced the show with Burt Rosen. The show starred A-list guests, from singers and actors to comedians and stage performers. The Righteous Brothers, Johnny Mathis, Freda Payne, and many more entertainers that would eventually go on to become superstars appeared on Barbara’s show.
- More than 14 hours of amazing entertainment, from singing and dancing to stand-up comedy
- Television history! The Barbara McNair Show is the first TV variety show hosted by an African-American woman
- See Johnny Mathis, B.B. King, Ed McMahon, Vicki Lawrence and Kenny Rogers like you’ve never seen them before!
- Sing along with Barbara! Featuring some of the most beloved songs of the ‘60s and ‘70s
- Collection includes more than 60 guest stars!