These are some of the most spectacular and the most important surf films ever made by some of the sport’s best filmmakers! Relive one of surfing’s most iconic films, see 1950’s and ’60s classics, and meet the sport’s all-time greatest surfers in this 12-DVD collector’s set A History of Surf Films.
- 12 DVDS with 50 years of spectacular surf films!
- Featuring all-time greatest surfers: Fred Van Dyke, Larry Bertlemann, Nat Young, “Wingnut” Weaver, Randy Bonds, Magoo De La Rosa, Ira Opper
- Includes Bruce Brown’s celebrated The Endless Summer: Revisited
- See what surfing is like in the 1950’s, ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, ’90s and ’00s
- Go on soul-searching surf odysseys, ride killer waves and explore the world’s most beautiful beaches
- On location in Hawaii, California, Mexico, Costa Rica, Australia and Peru
- FiNS (2008)
- Peel: The Peru Project (2006)
- Long Board TV (2004)
- Bruce Brown’s The Endless Summer: Revisited (2000)
- Hot Surf (1998)
- The Masters (1997)
- Wingnuts Search for Soul (1996)
- Surfer Magazine (1988)
- Super Session (1975)
- Sea for Yourself (1973)
- Psyche Out (1962)
- Surf Mania (1960)
- Once Upon a Wave: 1959-1962
- Sunset Surf Craze (1959)
Fred Van Dyke, Peter Cole, Ricky Grigg, Ira Opper, Dewey Weber, Miki Dora, Lance Carson, Robert August, Bill Fury, Donald Takayama, Timmy Dorsey, Skip Frye, Mike Hynson, Mike “Ironman” Doyle, Kemp Aaberg, Johnny Fain, Jeff Hakman, Barry Kanaiaupuni, “Rubberman” Larry Bertlemann, Rory Russell, “Mr. Pipeline” Gerry Lopez, Robert “Wingnut” Weaver, Wayne “Rabbit” Bartholomew, Shaun Tomson, Dane Kealoha, Peter Townend, Ian Cairns, Michael Ho, Wayne Lynch, Nat Young, Reno Abellira, Cheyne Horan, “Hobie” Alter, Robert August, “Krab” Dorsey, Magoo De La Rosa, Sofía Mulánovich & many, many more!
Surfing’s greatest filmmakers: Walt Phillips, Ira Opper, Bruce and Dana Brown, and Hal Jepsen