From the high seas to the high desert, OPB's Oregon Field Guide cameras have spent years capturing rare glimpses of the state’s more colorful residents in some of the most remote and beautiful settings in the world. See them like never before in Oregon Birds, which previously aired on public television.
Explore virtually every type of bird found in Oregon, including hawks, owls, ducks, cranes, cormorants, gulls, sandpipers, grouse and geese, pigeons, swallows, hummingbirds, woodpeckers and perching birds, such as the Western Bluebird. Witness some of the most unique birds in the state and their unusual habits, including the water-walking Western and Clark’s Grebes; and the American Dipper, a songbird that can “fly” through water! Plus, visit some of the beautiful places Oregon birds call home. Then meet the people who devote their lives to our feathered friends, including one dedicated volunteer nicknamed “Raptorman.”
- More than 2 hours of spectacular footage from OPB’s Oregon Field Guide
- See virtually every type of bird found in Oregon
- Get up close to owls, hawks, hummingbirds, cormorants, puffins and much more
- Take a closer look at some unusual bird habits, such as the water-walking Western and Clark’s Grebes and a tiny songbird that can “fly” through raging water
- Meet the people that help protect birds in Oregon, including one nicknamed “Raptorman”
- Go to the Summer Lake Wildlife Refuge, the Audubon Society’s raptor rehabilitation center, the Oregon Islands National Wildlife Refuge and more