Witness some of the most controversial and startling films ever produced about World War II in this 8-DVD collection WWII: Defeating the Nazis. See parts one and two of Academy Award®-winning director Frank Capra’s Why We Fight series, and actual footage from the Nuremberg trials and the battlefield. State-of-the-art technology was used to digitally remaster and create pristine transfers from the original source materials in order to ensure this set contains the highest quality collection of war films available anywhere.
Since 1934, the National Archives has been responsible for the acquisition, preservation, and public dissemination of the permanent records of the United States government. Select materials from this inestimable national resource have been assembled to produce WWII: Defeating the Nazis.
These films are not rated. May contain scenes and language not suitable for all viewers.
- More than 9 hours of film from the National Archives
- 16 Essential World War II films for every collection
- Actual footage taken during World War II
- Controversial documentaries by John Huston and Frank Capra
- See parts one and two of Academy Award®-winning director Frank Capra’s Why We Fight series
- Rare film of German invasions and startling footage of Nazi concentration camps