Navy SEALs, which features four revealing films previously seen on the Discovery Channel, was directed by award-winning filmmaker Gordon Forbes III who lived beside and filmed the Navy’s commando force for more than six years to make the films in this collection.
The Silent Option
The one that started it all! This is a journey into the mysterious secret world of dedicated warriors and their unconventional missions, equipped with today’s most powerful and deadly weapons. An Emmy Award-winner for Best Cinematography, this episode provides insights into these warriors that no other film has.
In Harm’s Way
Whether they are battling terrorists in an urban environment, disrupting narcotics traffickers in the Amazon Basin or using high-speed patrol boats to exact a sharp coastal strike, the SEALs are equipped with more new techniques and equipment to respond to any potential worldwide threat.
The Navy SEALs and their Special Boat Units are capable of initiating a limited and controlled military response to “hot” political situations not worthy of full-scale military action. Go on the inside for a pulse-pounding look into the anti-terrorism team.
“Hell Week” is the structured world of sacrifice designed to force Navy SEAL candidates to the limits of their physical and emotional endurance. For 24 hours a day, six days in a row, candidates are put through an endless and demanding set of obstacles designed to test their resolve and commitment to becoming a U.S. Navy SEAL.
- Navy SEALs was originally produced for The Discovery Channel
- An intimate and revealing look at the inner workings with this deadly commando force – these are the guys who took out Osama bin Laden
- Four 50-minute programs, including In Harm’s Way, Hellweek, Direct Action!, and The Silent Option, which won an Emmy® Award for “Best Cinematography”
- Directed by award-winning director and producer Gordon Forbes III and filmed over more than six years
- High-speed boats, top-secret aircraft, assault vehicles and mini submarines!