When the Vikings set out from here thousands of years ago, they struck fear across Europe, yet today, Norway is the home of the Nobel Peace Center, and is one of the most eco-friendly countries in the world. Visit the Arctic north, go to modern Oslo and Bergen, and sail from Tromsø down the jagged coastline. Finally, experience the emerald Sognefjord, considered one of the most beautiful places on Earth, with explorer Richard Bangs as he seeks to find the meaning of today’s Viking spirit in Norway. Richard Bangs has spent more than 30 years as an explorer, and is a pioneer in travel that makes a difference. In fact, Expedia.com founder Rich Barton called him Indiana Jones with a conscience. Bangs is the host and co-executive producer of the popular American public television series Adventures with Purpose.
- As seen on public television
- Filmed in high definition
- Featuring gorgeous cinematography — lush landscapes, ocean views and more
- Learn how travel can make a difference in the world
- Host Richard Bangs, known as the father of modern adventure travel, also is the author of the Adventures with Purpose books